Instructions for Authors and Reviewers
Instructions to Authors
- Submit manuscripts to the editor, Silvia Bartolic by email. FamSciReview@familyscienceassociation.org
- There is a $20 US manuscript submission fee. See link to paypal at the bottom of this page
- Papers are considered for publication with the understanding that they have not been published elsewhere and are not under consideration by any other publication.
- All research studies should indicate the protection of confidentiality of human participants.
- The title page should contain title, author(s), institutional affiliation, and contact information. Remove all author-identifying information from subsequent pages.
- Prior to publication in FSR, all authors must sign a copyright agreement.
- Have questions? Contact Silvia Bartolic, Editor, Family Science Review, FamSciReview@familyscienceassociation.org
- Family Science Review follows the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) general guidelines for manuscript preparation. Additional information is available at www.apastyle.org.
- Double-space all parts of the MS, including text, headings, abstract, references, and tables.
- Use Microsoft Word and 12-point font.
- Keep tables and figures to a minimum. Provide a title for each table; cite table within text, and indicate placement.
- Use footnotes sparingly.
- Abstract, text, references, tables, figures, and appendices should not exceed thirty manuscript pages, or 6,000 words.
- The abstract should have a maximum of 150 words.
- Include the doi of each of the items listed in the reference list
- Include three keywords" immediately following the abstract
At the point of publication, authors may make only minor corrections.
- Books for review should be sent to Silvia Bartolic, FamSciReview@familyscienceassociation.org
Information for Reviewers
Before beginning a review, please consider reading the following articles: